Queensbury Planning 28 July 2015 – Cllr Paul Cromie

 

Queensbury Decided Search

Construction of first floor extension to side of property -Stott Hall Farm New House Lane Queensbury Bradford West Yorkshire BD13 1NP

Ref. No: 15/02390/HOU | Received date: Sun 07 Jun 2015 | Status: Application Granted | Case Type: Planning Application

Queensbury Pending Decisions Search

Permanent change of use of the ground floor from residential (C3) to mixed use as a childminding business and residential dwelling – 17 Western Place Queensbury Bradford West Yorkshire BD13 1DU

Ref. No: 15/02320/FUL | Received date: Tue 02 Jun 2015 | Status: Pending Decision | Case Type: Planning Applicationllowing results have been updated recently:

Saved Search Results

Queensbury Decided Search

Construction of first floor extension to side of property -Stott Hall Farm New House Lane Queensbury Bradford West Yorkshire BD13 1NP

Ref. No: 15/02390/HOU | Received date: Sun 07 Jun 2015 | Status: Application Granted | Case Type: Planning Application

Queensbury Pending Decisions Search

Permanent change of use of the ground floor from residential (C3) to mixed use as a childminding business and residential dwelling – 17 Western Place Queensbury Bradford West Yorkshire BD13 1DU

Ref. No: 15/02320/FUL | Received date: Tue 02 Jun 2015 | Status: Pending Decision | Case Type: Planning Application

Queensbury Planning – 9 July 2015 – Cllr Paul Cromie

Queensbury

Submisssion of details to comply with condtions 4 and 6 of planning permission 14/01954/FUL dated 03/07/2014. Demolition of existing garage and construction of detached dwelling. – Land And Buildings West Of 62 Thornton Road Queensbury Bradford West Yorkshire

Ref. No: 14/01954/SUB01 | Received date: Fri 03 Jul 2015 | Status: Pending Consideration | Case Type: Planning Application

Barn conversion to 3 no dwellings – Long Shaw Farm Paw Lane Queensbury Bradford West Yorkshire BD13 2LE

Ref. No: 15/02090/FUL | Received date: Wed 20 May 2015 | Status: Pending Consideration | Case Type: Planning Application

Construction of side extension with 3.0m projection from rear elevation – 27 Uplands Grove Bradford West Yorkshire BD13 1EW

Ref. No: 15/02807/HOU | Received date: Wed 01 Jul 2015 | Status: Pending Consideration | Case Type: Planning Application

Penyghent – Sunday 12th July 2015 with Queensbury Community Programme Walking Group

207193_1780621068309_1022889896_31609699_1976842_n

On Sunday 12th July 2015, members of the Queensbury Community Programme Walking Group are going for a walk in the Yorkshire Dales. We are joining people who are preparing for their trek in Sri Lanka in November. Their trek is in support of Marie Curie, and this Dales walk is not a fund raising event. The walk will commence at the small hamlet of Helwith Bridge, then up a track to the slopes of Penyghent. Then the climb to the summit of Penyghent for fantastic all round views. Then we have the descent via Hull Pot, a vast hole in the ground. Followed by a walk down the track into Horton in Ribblesdale where there are toilets a café and pubs. After a break we follow the River Ribble using paths at its side, then back to our starting point, where we may visit the Helwith Bridge Inn for a well-earned soft drink or something stronger for the none drivers. We use car share for the journey to keep the cost down. Final details of the start time have yet to be arranged, but it will be somewhere in the region of 8 to 9.00 am. We will arrive back in Queensbury between 5.00 to 6.00 pm. Further details can be obtained from Stuart Walker 078 1520 1650. Why not join us and see what we do? All welcome. 9.5 miles with 530 metres of ascent. All of the climb is in the first 3 miles.preparing for their trek in Sri Lanka in November. Their trek is in support of Marie Curie, and this Dales walk is not a fund raising event. The walk will commence at the small hamlet of Helwith Bridge, then up a track to the slopes of Penyghent. Then the climb to the summit of Penyghent for fantastic all round views. Then we have the descent via Hull Pot, a vast hole in the ground. Followed by a walk down the track into Horton in Ribblesdale where there are toilets a café and pubs. After a break we follow the River Ribble using paths at its side, then back to our starting point, where we may visit the Helwith Bridge Inn for a well-earned soft drink or something stronger for the none drivers. We use car share for the journey to keep the cost down. Final details of the start time have yet to be arranged, but it will be somewhere in the region of 8 to 9.00 am. We will arrive back in Queensbury between 5.00 to 6.00 pm. Further details can be obtained from Stuart Walker 078 1520 1650. Why not join us and see what we do? All welcome. 9.5 miles with 530 metres of ascent. All of the climb is in the first 3 miles.preparing for their trek in Sri Lanka in November. Their trek is in support of Marie Curie, and this Dales walk is not a fund raising event. The walk will commence at the small hamlet of Helwith Bridge, then up a track to the slopes of Penyghent. Then the climb to the summit of Penyghent for fantastic all round views. Then we have the descent via Hull Pot, a vast hole in the ground. Followed by a walk down the track into Horton in Ribblesdale where there are toilets a café and pubs. After a break we follow the River Ribble using paths at its side, then back to our starting point, where we may visit the Helwith Bridge Inn for a well-earned soft drink or something stronger for the none drivers. We use car share for the journey to keep the cost down. Final details of the start time have yet to be arranged, but it will be somewhere in the region of 8 to 9.00 am. We will arrive back in Queensbury between 5.00 to 6.00 pm. Further details can be obtained from Stuart Walker 078 1520 1650. Why not join us and see what we do? All welcome. 9.5 miles with 530 metres of ascent. All of the climb is in the first 3 miles.On Sunday 12th July 2015, members of the Queensbury Community Programme Walking Group are going for a walk in the Yorkshire Dales. We are joining people who are preparing for their trek in Sri Lanka in November. Their trek is in support of Marie Curie, and this Dales walk is not a fund raising event.

The walk will commence at the small hamlet of Helwith Bridge, then up a track to the slopes of Penyghent. Then the climb to the summit of Penyghent for fantastic all round views.

Then we have the descent via Hull Pot, a vast hole in the ground. Followed by a walk down the track into Horton in Ribblesdale where there are toilets a café and pubs.

After a break we follow the River Ribble using paths at its side, then back to our starting point, where we may visit the Helwith Bridge Inn for a well-earned soft drink or something stronger for the none drivers.

We use car share for the journey to keep the cost down.

We will meet near the Ford Hill News Agent at 9.00 am. Using as few cars as possible we will travel to Helwith Bridge. We will arrive back in Queensbury between 5.00 to 6.00 pm.

Further details can be obtained from Stuart Walker 078 1520 1650.

Why not join us and see what we do? All welcome even if you do not have a car. We just need to know numbers in advance so we have enough cars.

The walk is 9.5 miles, with 530 metres of ascent. All of the climb is in the first 3 miles.

 

215965_1780622268339_1022889896_31609702_5913621_n 217663_1780620788302_1022889896_31609698_166164_n 218153_1780622588347_1022889896_31609703_2661345_n

Queensbury Planning 7 July 2015 – Cllr Paul cromie

Queensbury

Non-material amendment to planning approval 10/02013/HOU dated 17/06/2010: Single-storey extension side and rear, loft conversion with dormer windows to rear and garage to rear of garden – 21 Parkside Avenue Queensbury Bradford West Yorkshire BD13 2HQ

Ref. No: 10/02013/NMA01 | Received date: Thu 25 Jun 2015 | Status: Pending Consideration | Case Type: Planning Application

Construction of detached dwelling within curtilige – Lawhill Farm Pit Lane Thornton Bradford West Yorkshire BD13 1NB

Ref. No: 15/02755/FUL | Received date: Mon 29 Jun 2015 | Status: Pending Consideration | Case Type: Planning Application

Does Anyone Remember The Ritchings Family From Hillcrest Road

The below was received via the contact form on this site:

Hi, I have just discovered that my grandpa and his family lived at 11 Hillcrest road in 1938 and I wondered whether anyone remembered them? I know its a long shot but you never know! The family were called Ritchings. Roy would have been 15 years old and he had 2 younger sisters, Florence and betty. Their dad was Albert. Stepmum Lillian née Heaton and stepsister constance. If anyone remembers them I would love to hear from them Thanks in advance Jen

Queensbury Ward Partnership Meeting 7.00 pm Tuesday 14th July 2015 at Holy Trinity Church.

 QUEENSBURY WARD PARTNERSHIP

TUESDAY 14TH JULY 2015

7.00 PM AT

HOLY TRINITY CHURCH, WEST END

QUEENSBURY, BD13 2AD

AGENDA

  1. Introductions & Welcome
  2. Apologies
  3. Minutes of Last Meeting
  4. Matters Arising
  5. Update from Community Groups
  6. Community Development Worker Update – Kathryn Halford
  7. Council update
  8. Police update
  9. Any Other Business
  10. Date of Next Meeting

Queensbury Ward Partnership Minutes for 12th May 2015

BRADFORD SOUTH AREA CO-ORDINATOR’S OFFICE

3rd Floor North, Jacob’s Well, Bradford, BD1 5RW

Queensbury Ward Partnership

On Tuesday 12th May 2015 at 7.00pm at

Holy Trinity Church, West End, Queensbury, BD13 2AD

NOTES

Statements attributed to individuals in these notes are not to be read as the views or opinions of either Bradford MDC or the Forum, but solely as the views of the person making them

  1. Welcome and Introductions

Mohammed Taj opened the meeting, introduced himself, briefly explained his role as Ward Officer and welcomed everyone present. Taj explained he had been Ward Officer at Queensbury a few years previously but was then moved to Great Horton Ward as part of a restructure. As part of a new restructure he now covers both Queensbury and Great Horton Ward.

People present included Mohammed Taj (Ward Co-ordinator); Councillor Lisa Carmody; Councillor Paul Cromie; Councillor Michael Walls; Jane Stewart; Matthew Robinson; Norah McWilliam; David Mitchell; Sue Shrine; Helga Broadbent; Beryl Robinson; Lynda Cromie; Joan Shepherd; David Dodwell; Eithne Dodwell; Carolyn Jowett; Stuart Walker; Joan Milner; Geoff Milner; Sue Dickerson; Vicky Robinson; Pat Sayers; Betty Denton; Jane Holdsworth; Hazel Pearson; Kathryn Halford; Judy Brannan; Richard Houseago; Sue Dewdney; Bev Brackenbridge; Carol Bower and Matt Bibby.

  1. Apologies

Apologies were received from PCSO John Greenwood; Sheila Thornton; Mark Chenery; Amanda Brearcliffe and Michaela Thompson. Alan Worthington and Neil Myers –  Queensbury Cricket Club.

  1. Minutes of Last Meeting

Page 1 – The police are following up the incident on Broomfield Street.

Page 2 – Highways issues to be covered at the meeting to be arranged with Highways

Page 3 – Marie asked Andy about the installation of disabled facilities at Victoria Hall. There is still a general review needed.

Page 4 – Highways issues to be covered at the meeting to be arranged with Highways.

  1. Matters Arising

There were no matters arising. The minutes were accepted as correct by Joan Mitchell and seconded by David Mitchell.

  1. Highways update – Officer to attend future meeting

As there are a number of concerns over the Highways in the village, some having been carried over from the March meeting an officer will be invited to a separate meeting in Queensbury to discuss multiple Highways Issues.

Action: Taj to contact Simon at Highways to arrange the meeting discussing Highways Issues.

  1. Community Group update

The pantomime held in March by Queensbury Performing Arts was a great success. They may possibly do another one next year. It was held at Queensbury Upper School as Victoria Hall is not very accessible and provided for regarding disabled facilities.

The scarecrow festival will be held again this year on 11th/12th July.

Stuart mentioned the upcoming 1940’s weekend on Saturday 20th June. The event starts at 1.00pm and there will be free entertainment. The Conservative Club open their doors from 6.30pm that evening. Tickets are priced at £5 for the evening and include a light supper.

Saturday 16thMay sees a fundraising event at 6.30pm. Priced at £5 for adults and free for children, the event is a dance event, a Ceilidh.

The History Society have been holding an exhibition surrounding WW1. It has taken about 2 years of research to gather the material. It is being held in the library, which ius only pen Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. The decision was taken to use the library as it isn’t ordinarily very well used. There is no closure date for the exhibition currently.

Canbe’s hold a parent group, 2nd Friday of each month at Jungle Junction. There is a sensory group on Friday afternoon’s at 3.30pm.

The Fun day will be held at Queensbury School on Saturday 27th June. If any groups are interested in having information on display then please contact Carolyn Jowett via email. If anyone wishes to volunteer to do hot drinks that would be welcomed.

Cycle Queensbury are having a family fun day on 17th May. The event begins at Station Road, 11am – 3pm. Cyclists can ride up to Keelham Farm shop. They are putting on refreshments. Councillor Paul Cromie will be sweeping Station Road in preparation for the Cycle Queensbury event.

Cycle Queensbury had asked Sustrans to carry out a feasibility study into safe routes for sustainable travel (walking and cycling), linking schools, community buildings and shops with residential areas). It looks as though cycle routes are not possible because of narrowness of existing paths but that it might be good for pedestrian routes. Any community groups interested in championing the cause of safe walking routes might wish to contact Cycle Queensbury who would like to support them. The study is around £1000.

Action: David, Richard to liaise with Simon Moscrop on this matter of safe walking.

Holy Trinity are having a social night involving board games on 23rd May from 7.00pm, tickets cost £3.

The ‘Friends of Cemetery group’ have been actively working with the schools, educating them on what cemeteries are and what they mean. Bradford Council have been out and cut back trees and bushes. They are returning to clear the mess they left too. Thanks were conveyed to them for this work. A litter pick has also been done involving some school children.

Sue and Pat have been to a cemetery in Halifax too and are talking to the History Society to get some ideas for incorporating at the cemetery around history.

Sue made a bid to Omega Proteins for some funding but has been turned down. She is awaiting feedback.

QCP updated the group with all their courses. They have a new course running, guitar playing for beginners (adults). They also have a walking group on a Wednesday; flower arranging on Thursdays; aromatherapy on a Wednesday and digital classes on a Thursday. The QCP website has more details about all courses that are running. Anyone interested can also speak to Kathryn Halford if needed.

  1. Victoria Hall User Group

A meeting has still to be organised for Victoria Hall discussions. Taj explained the difficulties in deciding on the venue usage as there will be a financial repercussion. A similar issue has been occurring at Great Horton Village Hall for several years, where Community organisations wanted to run it but then had to be bailed out a few times by the Council.

All groups need to be clear on how much it will cost to run Victoria Hall. There has to be the focus on the groups and on the facilities.

Action: Taj to organise a meeting for the Victoria Hall user group

  1. Queensbury Community Heritage and Action Partnership

Norah provide an update on the upcoming events of the group. She also paid tribute to the large numbers of excellent volunteers who assist in the running of it. Saturday 30th May sees a celebration event regarding the 60th anniversary of the railway line closure. This is a great chance for people interested in the history of Queensbury tunnel to learn more.

June 27th sees the next open microphone session at the Mills.

Thursday 16th July is the brass tags event. This will be a fund raising session to help raise money to put towards the longer term heating at the venue. The event will feature several brass bands, including an appearance from Black Dyke Band Tickets are priced at £10 for adults. The venue is accessible to those in need of it.

People wanting to know more can visit the following website:

www.blackdykemillsheritagevenue

Richard Houseago gave a quick update on the High Street project saying that the Co-operative have finally agreed to seed the land outside their shop. Eventually this will lead to the narrowing of the road and the moving of the bus stop.

  1. Council update

Taj explained the restructure at Bradford South, his colleagues Rada and Marie are covering two wards each as Taj is. Rada is covering Tong and Wyke; Marie is covering Royds and Wibsey.

  1. Police update

There were no Police present and no update in this meeting.

  1. Any Other Business

Thanks were paid to Lynda Cromie for all her hard work during her time as Ward Councillor of Queensbury. The new Ward Councillor, Lisa Carmody was given a warm welcome by the group.

Victoria Hall Children’s Centre remains open despite some residents believing it was closed.

Councillor Walls is part of the Environment Committee. The company that is responsible for all the smelly wagons passing though the village are trialling 2 trailers that are sealed units. This is due to be done in early summer (June / July time). If trials prove successful then they might replace their fleet.

It was suggested that each group could advertise their upcoming events on a consultation / community calendar to be displayed on a notice board somewhere visible, perhaps Tesco. Stuart also said that if groups do send him things then he can put them up on the calendar on the village website. Not many people have sent things through to Stuart. Taj can update Stuart if groups send things to him.

The old Queensbury Times was replaced by Westwood pages. Councillor Carmody wished to explore the possibility of restarting a local ‘Queensbury Times’ type of booklet. The booklet could be distributed to local shops, the Dr’s surgery and sent to the village schools. It was agreed in principal by the group that it might be a good idea to look into this in more detail.

Discussions were held regarding things for youths to do. Hillcrest Drive was mentioned as an area where local residents feel there could be more for children to do. Taj mentioned that there is a new Youth Worker for the Ward, Emma Jones. With the developments in the area too there will be some section 106 money available. Before Marie left she gave Lisa Carmody some Junior Warden Kits. Lisa is holding a meeting on Thursday evening to give youths an opportunity to have their voice. The meeting is being held at Jungle Junction this time and some staff from Victoria Hall will be commenting too. Despite the lack of Ward Budget money this year there is potential available from places like WREN. ‘Friends of Parks’ groups could apply for money as has happened with ‘Friends of Brackenhill Park’ elsewhere in the district. Lisa and Brian Dobson have some ideas on the parks.

Action: Taj to arrange a meeting to discuss section 106 money with Mick Priestley and Ward Councillors

There was a discussion around the circulation of the notes. In previous years some members of local village groups had concerns that notes were circulated too quickly after meetings and that they then forgot what was happening or what actions were due before the next meeting (this was due to the gap between meetings). In recent months, Bradford South has therefore circulated the notes a few weeks after the meetings.

It was agreed that the notes are to be circulated a week after the meeting and then a week before the next meeting (along with the agenda for that meeting).

Action: Taj to ensure that Bradford South email the minutes summary a week after the meeting and a week before 14th July.

  1. Date of Next Meeting

The next meeting will be held at Holy Trinity on Tuesday 14th July at 7.00pm

There were no further issues raised, therefore Taj thanked everyone for attending and closed the meeting at 8.45pm